Board Meeting Agenda & Material
The next Board of Directors meeting is Thursday, Aug. 19, at 5 p.m. (July meeting canceled), and will be held at the Legislative Chamber at the Omaha-Douglas Civic Center, 1819 Farnam St., Omaha Neb., and also via Webex Events audio/video conference.
Virtual attendance is strongly encouraged for physical distancing. (See Webex instructions below)
August Meeting - Webex Event Instructions (pending)
When it’s time to join, please click this link: https://oppd.webex.com/oppd/onstage/g.php?MTID=ee4be71cb7b8d0893e5a9dfee200f2d93
If you experience difficulty entering the meeting, visit, https://oppd.webex.com and use the information below to join:
~ Event Number: 177 884 3241
~ Event Password: June2021
When joining, you will be prompted for your name and email. This information is only used to identify you as an attendee. If you do not wish to identify yourself, please use the following:
~ First Name: Public
~ Last Name: Attendee
~ Email: PublicAttendee@oppd.com
Note: If you wish to make comments when public comments are allowed, you will be requested to identify yourself for the public record.
If you want to join the meeting via Telephone only:
~ Toll Free: 1-844-621-3956
~ Access Code: 177 884 3241
~ Press # to continue without an attendee ID.
When connected, you will be in listen only mode. Directions for public comments will be provided at the beginning of the meeting.
If you have trouble joining the WebEx Event, please visit the WebEx Help Center: https://help.webex.com/en-us/WBX9000018881/Troubleshooting-Meetings
How to use WebEx for Public Attendees
Regular board meeting agenda for Thursday, June 17, 2021, at 5 p.m.
Updated June 16, 2021
- Chair opening statement
- Safety briefing
- Guidelines for participation
- Roll call
- Announcement regarding public notice of meeting
Board Consent Action Item(s)
- Approval of the May 2021 Comprehensive Financial and Operating Reports, May 2021 Meeting Minutes and the June 17, 2021 Agenda
- SD-15: Enterprise Risk Management Monitoring Report - Resolution No. 6437
- Annual Health Plan Report – Resolution No. 6438
- Underground Streetlight Cable Repair Contract – Resolution No. 6442
- Substation Control Building Enclosure – Resolution No. 6443
- Foundations, Ductlines, and Miscellaneous Work for 161kV Substation – Resolution No. 6444
Board Discussion Action Item(s)
- Rate Design Changes to Rate 110M, 469W and 483 – Resolution No. 6441
- Authorization for Additional Debt Financing – Resolution Nos. 6439 and 6440
- SD-2: Rates Monitoring Report – Resolution No. 6445
- Corporate Officer Performance Reviews & Compensation Adjustments – J. A. Comstock, Vice President – Customer Service and L. A. Olson, Vice President – Public Affairs – Resolution No. 6446
- Resolution of Appreciation for Timothy J. Burke – Resolution No. 6447
- Customer Engagement for the Future Strategic Initiative Update (60 mins) – J. A. Comstock, Vice President – Customer Service
- President's Report
- Opportunity for comment on other items of District business
Open Meetings Act
The final agenda is typically prepared one week prior to the Board meeting. Except for emergency items, there are no changes made to the agenda later than 24 hours before the scheduled commencement of the Board meeting. Documents presented in open session at the Board meetings are available on the OPPD website and also may be inspected, upon request, at the office of the Senior Corporate Governance Specialist. OPPD requests that any member of the public wishing to speak at a Board meeting provide reasonable advance notice by contacting Maureen Hinners, Senior Corporate Governance Specialist, at (531) 226-3208 or at firstname.lastname@example.org. Public comments will normally be heard before the Board votes on Board Action Items and at the end of each Board meeting.
The Board may discuss one or more items in closed session as allowed under Neb. Rev. Stat. §84-1410. No votes are taken during a closed session.