Below is a sample of a Net Meter Bill Statement. Move your cursor over the bill for explanations
- Account Number
- Unique 10-digit number assigned to identify your account.
- Due Date
- Date by which your bill must be paid to avoid late payment charges.
- Total Amount Due
- Total amount owed to OPPD for this bill period.
- Customer Name
- Name of customer responsible for this account.
- Statement Date
- Date on which your bill was created.
OPPD Customer Service contact information for your calling area. Toll-free 1-877-536-4131 is available if outside the Omaha area. Contact us for information about your account or any of our programs or services during the business hours shown below.
Mon-Fri:7 a.m.–8 p.m.
- Service Address
- Location (service address) where electric service is provided.
- OPPD rate that applies to the Service Address.
- Billing Period
- Date of billing period start (From) and end (To) during this service period.
- Meter Number
- Number on the physical meter at your Service Address.
- Meter Reading
Number of kilowatt-hours recorded on your meter during this service period. Your previous meter reading and present meter reading are shown.
- Your electric usage during this service period.
- Used to calculate actual usage for meters that register only a portion of kilowatt-hours used. Normally shown on face of meter.
- Your electric usage, which indicates kilowatt-hours (kWh) used during this service period.
- kWh - The amount of energy that flowed through your electric meter from OPPD to you during the billing period.
- KWN - The amount of energy that flowed through your electric meter from you to OPPD during the billing period. The negative sign indicates the flow is backwards and flowing toward the electric grid.
- Total Net - The total amount of energy your home imported from or exported to the utility grid. A negative number indicates you produced more energy than you used during the billing period. A positive number indicates OPPD provided more energy than you produced. Refer to Rate 483 for details on how excess electricity is handled.
Your Electric Usage Profile
Quick summary of your electric usage during this service period and comparison between current year and the previous if it is applicable.
- Billing Days
- Number of days during the service period for the current and previous year.
- kWh Use
- Number of kilowatt-hours used during the service period for the current and previous year.
- Avg. kWh per day
- Daily average number of kilowatt-hours used during the service period for the current and previous year.
- Avg. Temp
- Average temperature comes from a weather service for high and low during the service period for the current and previous year.
- Average daily electric cost
- Your average daily electric usage cost during this service period.
- It provides a comparison of your daily average kilowatt-hour use during the billing periods for the last two years, if available.
- Monthly Service Charge
- A fixed amount for customers to have electric service, that is billed each month, no matter how much energy is used. The amount covers items like customer service, metering, and the infrastructure that connects a customer to the electric grid.
- kWh Use
- Your electric usage charge during this service period.
- Fuel and Purchased Power Adjustment (FPPA)
- The FPPA recovers fuel and purchased power costs above or below the Fuel and Purchased Power Base Rate (defined in Rate Schedule 461). OPPD will calculate the FPPA prior to the start of each year and apply this charge to the number of kilowatt-hours used each month.
- Minimum Charge/Credit
- A bill credit of $2.07 will be applied to customers who use between 100-400 kWhs during summer monthly billings. If monthly usage is lower than 100 kWh, June thru September, a $2.07 charge will be applied.
- See Standard Bill for other Billing Information specifics.
Used to communicate important account billing information.
- If you are on Automatic Bill Payment Plan...
- Date when your amount due will be withdrawn from your financial institution.
If paying by mail, return this portion of the bill along with your payment. Write the amount you are paying in the boxes provided after Amount Paid, and make certain the OPPD address shows through the return envelope window.
- Energy Assistance
- To donate, mark the appropriate box on your bill and add your contribution to your payment. You can also pledge any dollar amount to be automatically included in your bill each month. Click here to sign-up.
- Update your record
- If your name, mailing address, phone number or email address has changed, please check the box and update your information on the back of the statement.
Used to communicate important information from OPPD.