HVAC Smart Rebates - Single Family
Lower energy costs without compromising comfort.
Available Funding as of April 1, 2022: $348,077
Over half of your energy usage in your home comes from your heating and cooling system. That is why it is critical to look at the overall efficiency of an AC or heat pump when installing or replacing an HVAC system. A high efficiency HVAC system will not only increase your home's comfort, it will also save you money on your energy bills year after year. Plus, you could also receive up to $350 from OPPD.
Here's How it Works:
- Contact a licensed HVAC Contractor
- Install a new AC or heat pump, 15 SEER or higher
- Submit rebate paperwork and get up to a $350 rebate check!
$250 Rebate – 15 SEER
$350 Rebate – 16 SEER or higher*
*Includes geothermal units
Every air conditioner or heat pump has a SEER rating, which represents its energy efficiency. SEER stands for Seasonal Energy Efficiency Ratio. The higher the SEER number, the more efficient it is and the less energy the unit will use.
Talk to a licensed HVAC contractor about what specific options are best for your home.
Typically, your heating and cooling contractor will submit the OPPD rebate application and supporting documents on your behalf. If you choose to apply yourself, the following documents should accompany the application.
- Must purchase and install new air conditioner or heat pump system, 15 SEER or higher, according to the Air Conditioning, Heating and Refrigeration Institute (AHRI)
- Must condition living space (sunrooms, garages, outbuildings, etc. not eligible)
- Lower winter electric rate for qualified heat pump systems. See Residential Conservation Rate 115
- Applications must be submitted within the current year or within 4 months of install.
- Home must be served by OPPD on a residential service rate
- See Terms and Conditions
- Electronic copy of AHRI certificate(s) from HVAC contractor
- Electronic copy of paid invoice from HVAC contractor
Email ALL documents with completed application to email@example.com.
Many answers to questions regarding air conditioner and heat pump rebates may be found in the HVACSmart FAQ. Still have questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 402-536-4131.
Program rules and details are subject to change without notice.