Cool smarter. Not harder.
Cool Smart is an easy way to reduce your electricity bill. Here's how it works:
- OPPD attaches a free small device to your home's exterior near your A/C or heat pump unit.
- The device runs your A/C or heat pump in 15-minute intervals during peak energy use times (less than 3 hours).
- Sign up and receive a one-time $30 bill credit plus an additional $20 annual credit, in September, for every year you participate
To be eligible to participate, you must:
- Have a working central air conditioner or heat pump
- Own a single-family home
- Be willing to have a free outdoor device attached to your home on the siding or brick nearest your A/C unit or heat pump. This will require the use of hardware, such as screws or nails.
- Not be enrolled in the Smart Thermostat program. Email customer service or call 402-536-4131 to cancel enrollment in the Smart Thermostat program prior to enrolling in Cool Smart.
The power to save is yours.
Still have questions? The Cool Smart FAQs may have answers. If you can't find what you need, please email customer service or call us at 402-536-4131.