Smart Thermostat Program
It pays to upgrade your thermostat to a smart thermostat. Enjoy the effortless energy savings year round plus get paid to save energy from OPPD. Get $75+ in bill credits when you enroll a smart thermostat into OPPD’s Smart Thermostat Program while helping keep energy costs low. Plus, smart thermostats can help you save up to 25% on your utility bill. Now that’s a smart move.
Here's how it works:
- Enroll a qualified smart thermostat via your thermostat app or online.
- Get a one-time $75 bill credit after enrollment plus an additional $20 bill credit, in September, every year you participate.
- OPPD will manage your AC through your smart thermostat, up to 15 week days per year, during peak energy times to help reduce load and keep energy costs low.
- During an event, after precooling for an hour, your thermostat adjusts the set temperature up an additional 1 to 3 degrees. Your thermostat management tool will ensure room temperature is back to your desired setting after the event has concluded.
Thermostat Manufacturer Partners
Our program supports a wide range of smart thermostats to fit a variety of lifestyles and budgets.
- ecobee3 lite (E3lite)
- ecobee 4
- ecobee Smart Si
- ecobee SmartThermostat w. Voice
- Sensi Smart Thermostat (ST55)
- Sensi Touch Smart Thermostat (ST75)
- Honeywell Home T9 Smart Thermostat
- Honeywell Pro Smart Thermostat T10
- Honeywell Home T5+ Wi-Fi Touchscreen
- Honeywell T6 Pro Wi-Fi
- Honeywell Lyric Round Smart Thermostat
- Nest Learning Thermostat
- Google Nest Thermostat
- Nest Thermostat E
Eligible thermostats must have Wi-Fi capability and must be connected to OPPD through your smart thermostat app.
Here's what you can expect:
- Before each event you’ll get a proactive notification on your thermostat and app.
- Events will occur up to 15 days per year, between May-October excluding holidays.
- Events will occur only on weekdays between 12 p.m. and 9 p.m. and last no more than 4 hours.
- Only one event per day, and there will never be more than three events in a week.
- Your smart thermostat may automatically adjust temperatures before and during an event to balance comfort and energy savings. If it gets too warm, you can manually adjust the temperature at any time.
To be eligible to participate in OPPD's Thermostat Program, you must:
- Be an OPPD residential customer
- Have a eligible smart thermostat model that is continuously connected to Wi-Fi
- Have and maintain a working central air conditioner, heat pump or geothermal system
- Have an active account with a qualified thermostat manufacturer and have the thermostat linked to that account
- Not be already enrolled in Cool Smart. Email customer service or call 402-536-4131 to cancel enrollment in Cool Smart prior to enrolling in the Thermostat Program.
- Agree to the program terms and conditions
Many answers to questions regarding OPPD's thermostat program may be found in the FAQs, or you may email customer service or call 402-536-4131.