Residential bills have two billing components - a monthly service charge, and energy charges. Energy charges include the variable energy charge and the fuel and purchased power adjustment (FPPA). This rate structure applies to all residential customers.
Residential Rate Structure
Costs Covered in My Bill
Your OPPD bill covers many costs. From the production of energy to its delivery to your home, OPPD maintains its mission in providing reliable, affordable and environmentally sensitive energy service for all customers. These costs are recovered through our rates.
- Rate Design Project: A long-term vision for future rate plans and products
- 2021 Rates Biennial Report: A report outlining, in detail, changes to OPPD rates and FPPA
- OPPD Rate Manual: Current service regulations and rate schedules
- Corporate Operating Plans: Current and past corporate operating plans
- Residential Rates FAQs: Find answers to your most frequently asked questions
Ways to Save Energy
- Energy Efficiency: Home energy saving tips
- HVAC Rebates: Rebates for installing a high-efficiency heat pump or air conditioner
- Cool Smart Program: A device installed by OPPD that runs your AC or heat pump during peak energy use times.
- Smart Thermostat Program: OPPD manages your AC through your smart thermostat to help reduce load and keep energy costs low.